SeaStar Solutions (formerly Marine) has set the standard with their Steering Cables in the Marine Industry by using Superior Design, Technology and Materials.
All SeaStar Solutions’ steering cables exceed ABYC safety standards and ISO/IMCI/NMMA certification requirements. SeaStar Solutions’ SSC14xx Steering Cable is designed with a Rack and Pinion design to fit various helm space and application requirements.
The SeaStar Difference:
- A tightly controlled core to conduit fit to offer precise steering
- Outer jacket is constructed with HDPE, a high density polyethylene material that is abrasion resistant and provides a high resistance to water penetration
- Output Ends are constructed of Stainless Steel to provide Reliability and Durability for Corrosion Resistance
- Made, Designed and Assembled in the USA
- 16 – Current (Black Cable Cover) SeaStar Solutions/Original “The Rack” (Back Mount) Steering Cable
- Standard Rack Cable Fits Helms SH210P, SH20P (NFB), SH1610P and SH160P (NFB)
- Steering Cable contained in the SeaStar Complete Back Mount Rack System Kits SS141 and SS11
SeaStar Solutions’ SSC14xx Steering Cables are for Single Station use only. This steering cable is only recommended as a replacement for the original system as installed by the boat manufacturer. SeaStar Solutions always recommends No-Feedback (NFB) helms for outboard applications. NFB Helms lock out steering loads caused by propeller torque eliminating the driver fatigue normally experienced with a standard helm. Patented SeaStar Solutions’ steering helms are a drop in replacement for the standard Rack System.
NOTE: This cable will NOT replace 184 – 16 SeaStar Solutions/Original “The Rack” (Rack & Pinion) Steering Cable. The Direct Replacement Cable for these systems is SSC124xx, however Replacement of the Helm, Cable and Bezel System using SeaStar Solutions Kit SS141 is Recommended.
Upgrade Options to Consider:
- SSC14xx XTREME Rack & Pinion Cable
SeaStar products are backed by a two-year recreational user warranty against manufacturer defects. SeaStar Steering Cables are environmentally tested for marine applications.